CHAIRS | Francine Stanback & Lyn Thompson-Gibson
Scholarship Committee’s purpose is to encourage our sorors to support college-aged individuals during their time in higher education. As a part of Delta’s commitment to scholarship, sorors support the United Negro College Fund by donating money to the Annual UNCF Drive during the months of October, November, and December of each year. The UNCF collection campaign is a way that our chapter assists students with the rising cost of college fees. The committee continues to support The Legacy of Love recipients for four years with the mentoring program and renewals from the chapter for years two and four. Each recipient is assigned a mentor for their four years in school. The mentors are available for as much or little support as the students may require.
- Annual Book Stipend for (Year 2-Year 4 Recipients)
- UNCF Collection Campaign (October-December)
- Galantine Gift Card Exchange for all Recipients (February)
- May Week (Scholarship Recipients are announced for the first time)
- Legacy of Love Public Meeting in June (Recipients are announced to the public)